For a list of book related events, please see our author appearances page at: http://charityhudleymallinson.com/appearances/
I give a wide range of presentations, workshops, and lectures on topics including Language Variation, Language Attitudes, Multicultural Education, African-American Studies, Service Learning, and Community Engagement.
I have designed talks for colleges & universities, K-12 students and teachers, as well as for community organizations. For more information, including feedback on my workshops, see: https://charityhudleymallinson.com/professionaldevelopment/
If you are interested in having me visit, please contact me at email@example.com.
Presentation topics include:
- Language Variation and Reading Challenges in African-American Children
- The African-American Experience in Independent Schools
- Service Learning in Linguistics and Education
- Language Assessment of African-American and Southern Students
- Culturally Conscious Instruction of Linguistically Diverse Students
- Language Variation in The American South
- African-American English
- History of African-American English
- Southern English
- Understanding Racism in Schools and Communities